Fish Tacos With Fish Taco Sauce: My take on a classic
Fish Tacos are one of the most classic meals for anglers that like to catch and keep. Whether it’s crappie, perch, bluegill, or catfish, anglers LOVE a good fish taco. I tried not to stray too far from a classic fish taco recipe, but I had to give it a little spin of my own. Text recipe below, but no one likes reading so allow me to embed the video and ingredients first!
Cooking Fish Tacos With Karl!
Fish Taco Recipe Ingredients
- Fish (we used about 6 fillets here, but depending on the size of fish you catch it should be about 1.5-2 lbs of fish.)
- CABBAGE SLAW
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- ½ cup diced red or purple onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lime’s worth of lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Corn tortillas
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
- Salt & Pepper
- Crushed Garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin
ASSEMBLE THE GOODS
- Start by shredding the green cabbage with a box shredder (watch your fingers). Combine with red onion, sour cream, lime juice, and salt. Get it tossed and chilled in the fridge until the tacos are good to go.
- Now, season the fish for your tacos. Mix up your cayenne, crush some garlic cloves, then add salt, pepper, and cumin. Coat the fish fully.
- Next, let’s make that fish. Add some oil to the bottom of a pan and get it sizzling hot. Drop your fish fillets in a few at a time to heat evenly. Give it about 6 mins a side to allow it to fully cook in medium heat.
- Heat your tortillas directly over the burner and assemble the tacos. Put the cabbage on first and it will help them stay together. Top with some cilantro and some lime juice if desired.
- DEVOUR those things!
ENJOY THOSE FISH TACOS!
What Should We Make in Karl’s Kitchen Next?
We’re always down to try some new stuff at Mystery Tackle Box, Karl’s and Catch Co! Should we stay in the recipe game? Do you want to see some full Catch N Cook videos like this healthy fish tacos recipe? Should Karl make some more videos teaching you guys how to make food? Let us know by reviewing or leaving comments on our Instagram, Facebook, and other social media pages! We love to eat so we’re ready to cook for you guys!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?