A Mississippi man named Eugene Cronley just reeled in a 131-pound blue catfish shattering the previous state record that stood for 25 years by nearly 36 pounds.
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife certified the catch as a new state record blue catfish. The giant fish was caught on April 7, 2022, from the Mississippi River near Natchez, Mississippi.
Mr. Cronley said that it took him forty minutes to land the huge fish, “it is truly a fish of a lifetime.” Mr. Cronely caught the fish with a rod and reel using skipjack herring as baitMississippi Department Of Wildlife
More Catfish Content:
- 8 Simple Tips To Help You Catch More Catfish
- Grilled Catfish: A Very Simple Way To Cook Your Catch
- Kentucky Man Catches 95 Pound Catfish From The Ohio River
- “I Was Like Holy Cow!” Said The Angler Who Pulled This Ultra Rare Catfish From The Mississippi River
- The Record Flathead Catfish For Every State In America
- How To Make DELICIOUS Bacon-Wrapped Catfish Stuffed With Stuffing
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?